Labels

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Texas Sheet Cake

So my sister and I threw my mother  surprise party for her birthday.  I originally made her a carrot cake and froze it so she wouldn't see it.  But then, she said that her favorite cake was texas sheet cakes so I made that instead and used the carrot cake as a snack.

What you need:
2 sticks butter
1 cup water
4 tbs cocoa
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 tsp baking soda

1.  Put butter, water, and cocoa in double boiler until melted.
2.  Remove and add flour, sugar, and salt.  Beat in the eggs, sour cream, and baking soda.
3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes in ungreased pan but I grease mine just incase.

Frosting:
1 stick of butter
1 box powdered sugar
4 tbs cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
6 tbs milk
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

1.  Melt the butter, cocoa, and milk.
2.  remove from heat and add vanilla an powdered sugar.
3.  Pour over hot cake and sprinkle nuts over.


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm Texan and I've never even heard of Texas Sheet Cake! But it looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete