Labels

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Raw Carrot Cake!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while!  It's almost been a year. Haha ok... Anyway, my mom and I are starting to eat healthier so I found an amazing raw carrot cake recipe on instagram. Raw food is all natural and doesn't need to be cooked. I wouldn't even really call it a cake.  It's more like a power bar.  It's simple, quick, and all natural.

What You Need:
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup pecans
1/2 tsp cloves, nutmeg, ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup carrots
6 dates
3 prunes
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup

1) Put all nuts and spices in a blender and blend it until its chopped into small pieces.

 2) Chop the dates and prunes and put them in the blender and blend it until the mixture is incorporated.
 3) Add the carrots and blend for 15 seconds.
 4) Line a 8x8 pan with wax paper and press mixture into it.
 5) Chill for half an hour then cut it into  squares

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are VERY good! Perfect for a quick 'on the go' breakfast, anytime snack, or dessert. I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete