Labels

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Strawberries on top

So a couple days ago was my brothers birthday and he loves strawberries.  I made regular cake and frosted it with my honey frosting topped with chopped strawberries.

What you need:
Frozen strawberries, chopped
cake mix
confectioners sugar
1 stick butter
1 stick cream cheese
3 tbs honey

1) Make the cake and cook it completely.

2) Mix the butter and cream cheese.  Add the honey.  I used honey instead of vanilla because I think it tastes better with strawberries.

3)  Mix a cup of confectioners sugar in first.  If it isn't thick enough, mix another cup in and another cup until it's a little thicker than regular frosting.

4) Frost the cake and spread the chopped strawberries on top.  Frost the bottom of the cake that is going on top of the strawberries because the juice is going to obsorb in the top cake and it will get really moist and juicy.  I forgot to and it only lasted a day or two.


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment