Labels

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fake is better than Real

So, my sister had to be on a 7 week liquid diet for....various reasons, but I promised her that I would make her her favorite french pastry.... a cigarette.  That sounds funny:)  But they are really simple if you know how to actually cook them because mine don't look right.

What you need:
5 tbs. softened butter
4 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 scant cup flour- scant is a little less than a half cup
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup ground almonds

First, whip the egg whites

 Add the flour, sugar, salt, and vanilla


 Add the ground almonds
 Add the butter last
5 tbs of butter cut into 4 squares. haha

 Mix until it's well combined
 Spoon disks onto parchment paper
 Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes
I think I need to perfect it a lot

 Once it's out, wrap it around a marker or pencil


I think they don't look right, but here's what they are supposed to look like
www.cannellavita.blogspot.com
But she has a different recipe so I guess I'll try hers next

                                                                       Enjoy

1 comment: